If you are in the market searching for the right shower mixer tap for your home, you need to have some knowledge before your purchase. In this guide, we will walk you through the various types of shower mixer taps available. Stay tuned for more details in the article below.
Which are the various types of shower mixer taps?
Here are the main types of shower mixer taps. These include the following:
- Thermostatic mixing valve: This tap has two controls. One regulates the water flow while the other one helps in maintaining temperature. This means you can manage the temperate of water as per your needs.
- Double-hand shower mixer: This tap comes with two handles. One is for hot water and the other one for cold water. This is usually not an economical option considering it requires time to reach a particular temperature. However, if it suits your budget and needs, you can still install this shower mixer tap in your home.
- Mechanical mixer: This has only one knob that controls both hot and cold water. Even though it is easier to deal with, obtaining the right temperature will still take some time.
Which are the different materials used for shower taps?
Here are some of the popularly used shower tap materials. These include the following:
- Zinc: This material might not be very expensive but it is not too durable.
- Brass: Even though this is a pricey material used in making taps, it will last for many years and is highly durable. You do not have to worry about leakage or corrosion problems.
- Stainless steel: Understand that a brass tap will be durable only if it is a top-quality product. Also, there are fewer chances of tap leakage or corrosion.
If you are installing a new shower mixer tap in your bathroom, do not forget to consider aesthetics. Look around for every little detail so that you can get the right type of tap for your needs. Also, always buy the tap from a reliable seller so that you do not have to worry about it in the future.
Well, if you are confused and do not know which shower mixer tap would be suitable, consult a professional. The expert will analyze your water consumption and will be able to suggest the perfect shower tap for your home. Additionally, if you have any other specific requirements, you can discuss them with the professional.